February 9, 2018
WHITE, COLOUR AND PERSONALITY TO DRESS THE INFINITE FACETS OF EVERY WOMAN
The Albini Donna collection for Spring-Summer 2019 is synonymous with feminine and sophisticated fabrics. The stylistic team of the brand have utilised the most diverse raw materials to create a complete collection, rich in content, which develops different quality bases and heterogeneous processes to create shirts and other garments ideal for any occasion.
A range of fabrics developed across nine themes, to dress the infinite facets of every woman.
- The whites, are the highest expression of the quality of Albini fabrics. The pure white fabric is the indispensable ingredient that allows you to create very different garments. A total white journey that starts with the lightness of voile and muslin up to the traditional poplin, linen and the more consistent oxford – perfect for making fresh and feminine clothes – to arrive also to Tencel and silk, fabrics with a soft and sensual touch.
- The plain fabrics, in full and defined colours, are developed in the most fashionable tones of the next season: red and gold – protagonists with their energy – are flanked by the softer and more delicate colours, such as peach, yellow and blue, and the more intense ones like tobacco, mud, electric blue, midnight blue and violet. Transversal fabrics, ideal to inspire the creativity of every stylist.
- The fabrics enhanced with special treatments. Natural Comfort, permanent pleating, slippery, crispy and chalky hand-feels are just some of the special treatments that make the Albini, Donna fabrics truly unique and on-trend. In particular, the essence of the quality of Natural Comfort fabrics begins with the choice of precious and 100% natural raw materials that thanks to the innovative low temperature finishing treatment gives the fabric a natural elasticity, without resorting to synthetic materials.
- Tencel is a fibre of vegetal origin that is extracted from the cellulose of the forests of eucalyptus in South Africa, whose cultivation is made in a sustainable manner. The fabrics produced with this material give a result that is particularly silky and soft on the skin, giving a sensation of comfort and naturalness. For the Spring /Summer 2019 Albini,Donna have combined the Tencel with linen, silk and cotton, also in a fresh seersucker version. Fabrics for both garment dyed and yarn dyed are developed in feminine and glamorous patterns, like the macro ginghams in yellow- gold and burnt tones or the Prince of Wales in black and gold or even the black and red checks. A touch of lurex makes the Tencel fabric more chic for the evening, while its development in macro-stripes in intense colours (blue, purple and military green) allows the creation of, for example, trousers with a fluid, hyper-feminine and sophisticated styling.
- Silk – synonymous with femininity – whether in its pure version and in combination with other raw materials. The plain colours and striped patterns are enhanced to the maximum in shantung muslins, in shades of pink and peach with touches of purple and blue. For softer and more sensual looks, silk is combined with Tencel to create light and luminous fabrics developed in elegant blacks and whites and stripes with a covered ground, while the pure silk finds a great expression in the macro-check, where black is combined with golden yellow or red.
- The yarn dyed fabrics, ideal for shirting. Satin stretch, muslin, linen, twill canvas and poplin are declined in patterns with symmetrical or asymmetric stripes, in shaded gradient designs, in plays of checks or piece-dyed colours. The colours range from classic black and white to the typical summer colours such as peach, blues, pinks, reds combined with blue – perfect for the marine theme – and red with black, the real cult of the season. Inside the collection there is also a small proposal of fabrics inspired by Granny’s Heritage, that is the vintage blouses and shirts that can still be found in the trunk of a chic and sophisticated grandmother: light fabrics, characterised by a small rhombus structures which create small à jour effects inspired by the ‘English style’ workmanship, in the colours of white, black and light blue.
- The fabrics for dresses, which comprise a part of a very focused and defined proposal made up of whites, blacks and pinstripes, stripes with a coloured background, check designs with strong tones of golden yellow, purple and red. The quality bases are numerous, developed in cotton, linen and Tencel – also in double-faced fabrics – ideal for spring raincoats with a bon ton air, wide and refined trousers, jackets to wear for every occasion, skirts and dresses of every shape and for every personality.
- The printed fabrics, view the polka dot as the great protagonist, both in traditional and macro version or combined with stripes. Do not miss the flowers, always in great trend, or the small geometric patterns developed in all the colours of the collection.
- Fil coupé and jacquard, sophisticated workmanship that allows the creation of an infinite variety of fabrics. In this collection the stripes are embellished with an original fringe of coloured satin, which lends itself to innumerable interpretations, alongside checks, polka dots, paisley designs, ethnic patterns and different developments of the botanical theme: the passionflower, the floret, the hummingbird. The colour palette ranges from the inevitable navy and black to touch all the shades of summer: blue, green, purple, orange, fuchsia and golden yellow.