September 13, 2016
Albini Donna: Play of Structures for innovative fabrics
The Albini,donna A/W 17-18 collection is made from a careful selection of the most precious raw materials and a manufacturing tradition of excellence combined with Italian creativity. The collection of shirting fabrics for women is very complete, and approaches the world of women’s shirts either through classical bases reinterpreted and enriched with plays on structures or through innovative and researched fabrics. A collection developed using different raw materials ranging from cotton to silk, from Tencel to wool, also Cupro, a cellulosic fibre characterised by brightness and elasticity, derived from the filaments that are located around the cotton seed. The colour palette includes whites, natural tones, soft colours in shades of powder and beige, blue and navy, black and intense colours such as green, blue and burgundy.
A collection rich in content, developed across several themes:
– Whites – is the historical heritage of the shirts, the white shirt that is a must in any woman’s wardrobe. The proposal varies from fabrics in precious Giza 87 cotton voile, stretch poplin through to satin;
– Colour palettes – fabrics offered in soft, feminine colours like powder and beige for shirts in cotton or chic and refined silk;
– Stripes & Textures – fabrics moved by structures and dobby also stripe designs on neutral tones and mélange;
– Alternative stripes – a reinterpretation of the stripe, made more defined due to the intense colours and dark bases;
– Active – fabrics for masculine style shirts in stretch versions, made more feminine thanks to the inclusion of touches of colour;
– Check – very sophisticated designs inspired by tartans in grays, blacks and blue;
– Fil coupé and Jacquard – fabrics embellished with cashmere jacquard ‘placed’ designs that create elegant designs, lace effects, designs of concentric circles, double-faced fabrics, flowers and foliage on Prince of Wales grounds;
– Special yarns – this is the more experimental part of the collection, which includes nubby bouclé yarns and also wool to create effects of false plain and subtle stripes;
– Luxury & Sparkly – for the evening, the most elegant mélange flannel fabrics are made from yarns that contain small silver specks, and touches of light in the weft through threads of gold and silver;
– Imprint – the world of printed fabrics is always more special thanks to flocked prints, feminine prints to polka dots and foliage patterns in bronze and silver and also corrosion effects.